Tuesday, May 28, 2013

The Birthday Countdown (part 1)

Oh my goodness!!! I just realized that my baby will be ONE in a week!!! I can't even believe how quickly this year has flown by. I'm getting all nostalgic thinking about it and planning her little party. So, I get to pull my mommy card and get all sappy as I reminisce this week:)

This time last year I was 39 weeks...only one week until my due date! I'd spend the week getting the house super cleaned up and finishing some last minute paintings and nursery decorations. I was actually going to the hospital that morning with bags pack and having a little trial run! I had to check into the hospital at 7am. I was having blood work done to make sure my liver and kidneys were functioning properly since my blood pressure had been steadily on the rise. If I had dilated at all or anything with the blood work turned out not great, they would start the induction that morning. However, I wasn't dilated at all and thankfully my liver and kidneys were functioning fine! So we were put on hold one more week. I did experience my first IV, which I didn't care for. However, I was hooked up to a fetal monitor and got to listen to her sweet heartbeat:) I loved being able to hear that fast little heart beat and seeing and feeling her roll around it my belly. I can't believe she's now crawling around everywhere, pulling up on everything, jabbering at everyone...I love her so much :) 

 

What a difference a year makes:)

No comments:

Post a Comment