Monday, December 3, 2012

Anniversary, Thanksgiving, and Family!

In order to make sure to keep my blog up to date, I'm going to combine a lot of different topics in one entry.  Let's face it, I have a baby...I do what I can! Sooo...here it goes:

Josh and I celebrated our 5th anniversary on November 17!  I can't believe how fast time flies.  It seems like just yesterday we were meeting for the first time.  I'll never forget the day we met...I walked into his dorm room where he'd been "reading history" (aka taking a nap) wearing a cut-off shirt!  We watched a movie (shhh it was Old School HA!) and he got me a coke, and we shared a bowl of goldfish.  That night he got my AIM screen name and IMed me...the rest is history.  Fast forward a few years, we took a walk on campus and went to all of our favorite places...I closed my eyes, he got down on one knee, and we were engaged on May 6, 2007.  Now, a house and two apartments, two different cities, 3 years of seminary, 4 years of teaching, and a beautiful baby girl later...we've celebrated our 5th anniversary!!  So, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to my best friend, wonderful husband, and fabulous daddy!

November 17, 2007 :)

5 years later...!! Thanks GG and Big D for watching Aubrey so we could go out and celebrate!

Now onto Thanksgiving...  We started the week by spending a little time with Madeline and Caitlin and Matt and Rebecca and hanging out in Auburn for a few days.  On Wednesday we went to Josh's mom's house and ate a delicious Thanksgiving meal including a juicy turkey, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, dressing, cranberry sauce, and pumpkin pie.  We stayed there that night and left the next morning to drive to Marietta for a full day of festivities.  We ate another fabulous meal-lunch with my mom's side of the family at Mimi and D-Daddy's house.  We found out my cousin and his wife are having a baby!  It was very exciting and reminded me of last year because it was when we told our extended family about Aubrey.  She's due right around the same time.  We went through our usual sales paper in preparation for the traditional day after Thanksgiving shopping, ate pecan pie, and then headed across town to my Granny's house to celebrate with my dad's side of the family. At both places Aubrey met many of my aunts, uncles, and cousins that she'd never met.  At my Granny's house she got to meet her 3rd cousins, my cousin's little girl and boy!  It is so different now that we are all starting to have babies of our own and so much fun!  One of my favorite parts of Thanksgiving was when we first got to my Granny's house. Poor Aubrey had seen so many new people, had been passed all around, and had missed a lot of nap time. My Granny wanted to hold her as soon as we walked in the door. Well, it was loud and she'd had it for the day.  She started to cry, but then...wait for it...she looked at me and reached out her arms for me.  My heart melted just a little bit, but poor Granny!  The rest of the evening went well...a little more chaotic and different from years past, but it was so great to be with family and get to see everyone:) 

The morning after Thanksgiving normally goes like this: we wake up and leave the house around 5:30, meet my grandmother and cousins at North Point mall, eat a chicken biscuit from Chick fil a, shop until lunch, eat a Chili's, break off on our own and go to other places away from the mall.  This year however, was a little different.  I had already decided to wait until Aubrey woke up because there's no need to have a cranky baby on our hands because she's tired.  Well that day, she must have been tired from the day before because she slept super late!  I got to hang out with my dad for a while while she slept.  It was good quality father/daughter bonding time over electronic talk!! By the time she woke up we made if for lunch. After lunch everyone was tired from meeting early that morning so they went home for the day.  I went to Borders with my mom to get a few things for Aubrey's stocking and then went home so Aubrey could have a little afternoon nap (poor kid was exhausted from all that socialization!).  Needless to say, I have a buttload of online shopping to do!  ...or perhaps some IOU's for Christmas! HA!  That night we watched our annual day after Thanksgiving movie...ELF!  And since we couldn't go to an actual movie this year we picked up some movie popcorn and brought it home...fabulous idea!!  The rest of the weekend we saw a few of Josh's family friends, visited the church where we were married, went on our date, and had some family/Christmas/Aubrey's 6 months pictures taken.

We enjoyed all of the time we got to spend with all of our family members and were thankful for the time Josh was able to take off work.  I have been told this many times before having Aubrey, but it was funny to hear Josh make the comment.  As we were driving back he told me how he felt more tired from his vacation haha...welcome to parenthood?!?  We hope everyone else had a wonderful Thanksgiving as well!!!

Ready for Thanksgiving in her new furry boots!


Grandma and Tony

Mimi and D-Daddy: Aubrey's great-grand parents


3rd Cousins:)

Ready for Christmas pictures!!


No comments:

Post a Comment