Friday, November 2, 2012

Pumpkin Patches and Trunk or Treat

Fall has always been my favorite time of year.  I remember deciding this when I was in high school back when I'd go to the Friday night football games.  I loved when the weather would start to get cool.  The first time you'd get to put on jeans and a long sleeve shirt, bundling up with a hoodie, drinking hot chocolate.  I love the leaves changing colors.  Fall is the season leading up to the holiday season and all of our family traditions.  It is also the time of year when Josh and I got married! It was even about this time last year when we found out we were going to have Aubrey joining us!  

This year was the first fall that we enjoyed as a family of 3.  One of my favorite things to do during the fall is going to a pumpkin patch.  Its not something we did a lot growing up, but for some reason it just feels like something you should do to celebrate the season.  I want to start some of our own traditions as our family grows, and I would love for the pumpkin patch to be one of those annual traditions.  We decided to visit Auburn for a day and went to The Farmer in the Dell pumpkin patch.  We had so much fun picking a pumpkin, taking family pictures, visiting friends, and watching a pumpkin getting launched.  Here's some of our favorites!

Our fall family picture.

Aubrey our "goat baby" with a goat!

She picked a flower and tried to eat it (aka...our goat baby)

Aubrey and our pumpkin we picked.

This fall we also had a "Trunk or Treat" at our church.  Aubrey went as an adorable strawberry!!  We had fun getting her all dressed up.  Even though she doesn't seem to be too happy here she was actually really good about wearing the hat!


Mommy and Daddy with our little strawberry! We love you!!



Halloween was actually on a Wednesday night, so Josh couldn't go.  But me and Aubrey went with our neighbors to downtown Greenville's little festival so that we could dress her up one more time!

In front of the old movie theater downtown.

And...Strawberry is OUT!





No comments:

Post a Comment