Thursday, June 6, 2013

Birthday Countdown (Part 3)

The final part of the story...(a day late! We were a little busy with the birthday girl yesterday) You may may want to read at least part 2 and maybe part 1 before you read this one!

I am guessing the time was a little after midnight, June 5!! The labor pain had definitely intensified and I was apparently having contractions about every minute. I wasn't having a break in between and the spiking pain was getting worse. The nurse came back in and my water had broken...it was at this time that I knew I was in labor. I feel really dumb now that I didn't realize it until this point...but in my defense I'd never been in labor before, and I kept being told no its not labor its just cramping. Well once my water broke I realized why I was in such horrible pain...I was 7cm dilated when she checked and then 8cm in the middle of her checking me!  This part was a little foggy to me.  I began to freak out, and I believe Josh did too!  He told her to do anything she could to get the epidural.  One second she’s telling me it’s going to take 45 minutes and they are going to rush as fast as they can to get the anesthesiologist to come.  The next second they tell me it is too late and they are putting up the stirrups and telling me I’m about to push! It didn't take very long or very many pushes...I didn't actually count, but very soon I heard that sweet, wonderful cry and I knew my baby was here!  No words can actually describe that feeling I felt as soon as I heard her and they put her on my chest. We stared into each other's eyes, and I was absolutely in love. 

So, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my beautiful baby girl!! I didn't think it was possible, but I love you even more than that day I first met you. You are such a wonderful gift and such a blessing from God. I love getting to be your mommy and am truly blessed to have you as a daughter!












No comments:

Post a Comment